Iannuzzi Manetta is your Michigan Construction CPA firm, dedicated to serving the unique accounting and tax needs of construction companies. For more than 30 years, our firm has provided services to the construction industry. Whether you are a utility contractor, general contractor, sub-contractor, or supplier to the industry, our long-standing expertise and proven success working with construction companies will give you the advantage you need in today’s challenging business environment. Beyond high-quality tax, accounting, and auditing support, we offer extensive insight into the business issues and challenges many construction firms face today.
Our services include:
- Bonding capacity and surety assurance
- Cash flow planning
- Implementation of the Affordable Care Act
- Tax Credits and Incentives (Research & Development/179D)
- Assistance with buy/sell agreements
- Job costing and break-even/pricing analysis
- Contract audits
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Bookkeeping support
- Budget and business plan preparation
- Business succession planning
- Software systems consultation
- Financial planning and projections
- Financial statements compiled, reviewed or audited
- Internal control and operational audits
- Introductions to attorneys, insurance/bonding, financial, and banking contacts
- Litigation support and services
- Process efficiency and operations assessment
- Profitability studies
- Tax planning
As an active member of numerous professional construction associations, we have access to information on active and emerging trends and issues for those in the construction industry.
- CICPAC (Construction Industry CPA/Consultants Association)
- MITA (Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association)
- DACA (Detroit Area Construction Association)
- AGC (Associated General Contractors)
- CFMA (Construction Financial Managers Association)
- Surety Association of Michigan
- CAM (Construction Association of Michigan)
Resources for Construction Companies
REVENUE RECOGNITION IMPLEMENTATION GUIDE
Our Revenue Recognition Implementation Guide has been edited by the best construction CPAs in the industry. It is your “go to guide” for for tackling the issues that are most pressing to construction companies, as they begin to understand the implications of the new standards.
REV REC – TERMINOLOGY AND CONCEPTS
After releasing the Implementation Guide, we realized that part of learning the standard is understanding the terminology and concepts. We compiled this Terminology & Concepts document to summarize the new terms as they relate to the old terms or to define what the new terms are referencing.
REV REC – USING THE MODIFIED RETROSPECTIVE TRANSITION METHOD
This publication provides guidance on Revenue Recognition Standard (Topic ASC 606) as it relates to the Modified Retrospective Transition Method (aka the Modified Approach). We discuss: defining the modified retrospective method, steps for implementation, documentation overview, and other guidance to help clarify this topic further.